Remaung6renjer

Nuffnang

Thursday, January 28, 2010

William Mawan Asked to Resign as SPDP President

Kuching
Thursday, 28th January 2010

The crisis in the Sarawah Progressive Democratic Party (SPDP) deepened with some members calling for William Mawan to resign as president of the party, but Mawan dismissed the demand.

“I will not bow down to personal feelings of some members,” he said, pointing out that he would not abandon the responsibility and the trust placed upon him by those who had elected him.

Explaining his stand


This is Mawan...I will not run away from my responsibility!..SPDP President answers the press


“I am elected unopposed as president and I have a duty to those who elected me. I will not run away from my responsibility. This is Mawan,” he said yesterday when asked by Malaysian Mirror to comment on demands by Peter Gani for him to resign to solve the present crisis.
“I appreciate the feelings of my friend Gani, but resignation is not an option for me. I will not bow down to pressure. I have a long-term strategy and the interest of members and the party to think about.
Gani, an SPDP founding member, had called on Mawan to resign, saying the members had lost confidence in his leadership.

Grassroots, not aides, decide fate

In Sibu, Tamin branch chairman Engkail Bunyau said branch members want the president to listen to the wishes of the grassroots rather than to just close aides. He described Mawan’s decision to replace Sylvester Enteri as secretary-general with Nelson Balang Rining as “untimely”.
Colourful Iban/Dayak politic. It is normal in any Iban/Dayak organization. The subordinates never respect the leadership of the party. Look what happened to SNAP, PBDS, PRS and the latest crisis is SPDP. All of the crisis started by direspectful  of the president by party members!...Bukittunggal.  


Batu Danau state assemblyman Paulus Gumbang, who was one of those who had walked out during the supreme council meeting in support of Enteri, said he was shocked that the top leadership was engaging in underhanded politics.
He said the leadership should set a good example as such politics would only divide the party and weaken its powerbase.

Mupok Aku

Agi Idup Agi Ngelaban
Dissent grows louder

Comments :

0 comments to “ William Mawan Asked to Resign as SPDP President ”

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

BlogTopsites

Politics Blogs - Blog Top Sites

Alexia Rank

Technorati

BlogSearch Engine

BlogRanking

Politics Blogs - Blog Rankings